Dear Friends and Family,
As the year comes to a close, we are excited to celebrate what God has done and the connections He has made over the past year. Here are a few of the highlights:
- April: Built a special needs playground in Bonneau, Haiti.
- May: Jesus in Haiti Ministries was added as a new partner of Kimmy’s House.
- June: Sent Stephanie Mosier to Haiti for a year to develop a special needs school curriculum for the orphanage and community outreach program that Kimmy’s House funds.
- August: Sent a second mission team to Bonneau, Haiti to do community surveys and work with The director, staff and children at the orphanage.
- October raised $35,000 at our 1st annual fundraiser banquet.
- This year, Kimmy’s House continued operating out of the Neel home as a 100% volunteer run non-profit.
We are thankful for what God has done and are filled with hope as He opens doors for us to grow and expand in the next year.
Our mission is to partner with Jesus Christ to impact the lives of orphans with special needs around the world by providing quality physical, emotional, spiritual, and educational care, and to teach their communities to value them as God’s children. In 2012, we are planning to carry this mission out as we:
- Provide funds to care for children with special needs in Haiti and India.
- Send three short-term mission teams to Haiti and one short-term mission team to India.
- Support Stephanie, our missionary in Haiti, who helped start the Luke 2:52 School for children with special needs.
- Develop the larger orphan facility in Bonneau, Haiti, that will care for up to 100 people with special needs and have a community outreach program.
- Fund additional work and orphanages as we connect with new global partners.
- Move out of the Neel home and into a much-needed office of our own.
- Transition from being volunteer run to hiring a Development Director and Program Coordinator to help the Executive Director manage stateside operations and travel globally, allowing us to serve more children with special needs around the world.
In order to continue growing and carry out these goals, we are trusting God for more funding. Kimmy’s House is excited to take part in Colorado Gives Day on 12/06/2011 this year.
Tuesday December 6, 2011
Colorado Gives Day is an initiative to increase philanthropy in Colorado through online giving. Because Kimmy’s House is based out of Colorado, we have the opportunity to be involved; however, anyone (living anywhere) can give on Colorado Gives Day.
We are encouraging our supporters to begin giving on 12/06/2011 because the value of your dollar will go further!
100% of your donation on December 6, 2011 will go directly to Kimmy’s House, and
Kimmy’s House will receive an additional percentage of all donations received.
To make a donation to Kimmy’s House on Colorado Gives day, please visit our donation page at www.kimmyshouse.com
Our 2012 goal, beginning on Colorado Gives Day is $50,000. This additional funding will cover new operating expenses, support our work in Haiti and India, and allow us to pursue future partnerships to expand to new locations and further the work of Kimmy’s House in the year 2012. Please consider how you can invest in global special needs orphan care and make yourself available by helping us reach our $50,000 goal on Colorado Gives Day.
We are asking for:
- 200 people to make a monthly recurring donation of any amount
- 9 people to make a one-time donation every hour during the 24 hours of Colorado Gives Day on Tuesday December 6, 2011
- 25 people to create their own fundraising page on the Giving First website to benefit Kimmy’s House
- 7 churches to support Kimmy’s House
- 4 schools to hold a “penny war” or other type of fundraiser.
Which of these ways are you available to help Kimmy’s House?
We are thankful for your involvement and ask that you join us in praying for God’s provision as we move forward into the next year.
Sincerely; Shannon Neel, Carol Record, Jen Janz, Holly Gosa, Shelly Shunk, Laura Hutchings, Erin Drescher